Dr. Aw Junxin
- Graduated with Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
- Graduated with First Class Honours in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry (NTU)
- Deans List awardees
- Top 1% tutor in Nanyang Technological University from 2014 to 2017
- Former A*STAR Scholar for undergraduate and graduate level
- Awarded prestigious Nanyang President Graduate Scholarship (only given to the top few candidates in NTU every year)
- Exclusive media coverage on The Straits Times
- Founder and managing director of Uptas Learning Hub
- Over 15 years of professional teaching experience with proven track record
- Coached over 1000 students to date
- Multiple newspaper feature by The Straits Times for outstanding academic achievements and superior teaching methods
- Awarded multiple prestigious government scholarships
- Academic – Placed on the NTU Science Faculty Dean’s List
Uptas Learning Hub is inspired by Dr Aw Junxin’s education journey. He started his academic journey from a humble background with a below average PSLE score of 191 which barely make it to the express stream of a neighbourhood secondary school.
At the age of 13, Dr Aw discovered Accelerated Superlearning Technique. This turned his life from an underperforming student to incredible levels of academic excellence. Hence, the name Uptas Learning Hub is derived. Uptas: UP To A Score (U to A). It is derived from the inspiration of Dr. Aw academic journey from an unmotivated and struggling U grade student to one of the top A*STAR Scholar with a PhD degree in Chemistry.
His life story has been an inspirational example to his students and he is a living proof for everyone that there is no limit of what you can achieve as long as you have the right strategy and mentor. In Uptas Learning Hub, he is going to be your tutor and mentor and show you his secret of how he achieved it and how you can replicate it to attain the dreams and desire you want.
Together with like-minded teachers like Ms Jesslyn Tham (a former JC lecturer), the learning hub specialises in Chemistry tuition for JC, IB, IP and secondary students. All teachers are carefully selected for their deep specialisation in different fields of knowledge and dedication to help students excel.
Miss Jesslyn Tham
- Ex-Moe Lecturer and tutor in JC
- Honors Degree in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- More than 11 years of professional teaching experience and with proven track record (anaverage of 92.1% A/B every year for GCE A level, and 94.4% with A1/A2 every year
- Miss Tham is a former ex-MOE JC lecturer. She is able to transform the bottom learning class and motivate them to achieve their goals. Miss Tham achieved academic excellence and obtained an honour’s degree in Chemistry.
- With more than 11 years of professional teaching experience and proven track record, Miss Tham knows the how and why students struggle and ways to overcome it.
- Miss Tham unique ways of approach to ensuring students do well from normal class test to major examinations will definitely give you an unforgettable experience.